Thursday, June 11, 2009

Statistical Analysis

Ok work with me here. I am trying to correlate market tops with the dethroning of beauty pageant queens. Since Carrie just got thrown under the bus this morning I'm guessing this signifies the top of the current bear market rally. And just to throw a shred of credibility in here Chris Puplava of Financial Sense has the following to say; "While a top was not seen in May, the markets still show a similar path to the 1929-1930 analogy, which witnessed a second peak that was slightly below its 200d MA, and would call for a sell off here that would lead the market to roughly 20% below its 200d MA, which would correspond to a move to roughly 732 on the S&P 500". If I'm right maybe I can get a bunch of cool gigs on TV like Dr Nouriel Roubini and instead of call me "Dr Doom" I can be called "Dr Boob"! Meanwhile both our trades are recovering nicely. Good luck!