Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Ghost Towns

Here is a fun game to play to get you back to reality and away from all the nonsense oozing from the boob tube. Next time you go out and run an errand count how many stores and shops have closed their doors. You get 1 point for a shop in a strip mall, 2 points for a restaurant and 5 points for a "Big Box" store. I'm up to 60 points and I live in a very rural area. Builders in my community are suicidal, and a very large Chrysler dealer is shutting their doors. My kids school wont take lunch charges anymore they will only accept cash or your kid goes hungry. They have to many deadbeats! It looks like some profit taking is going on today after the rocket launch of the last few days. It will be interesting to see if we fill the gap from last Friday. Our picks seem to be weathering this pullback ok and I will keep my eye on them. Good Luck.