Wednesday, November 11, 2009

War = $$$$

(Telegraph/UK) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has smashed the record to become the best selling video game of all time in Britain, with 1.23 million copies sold in the first 24 hours.

Yesterday I had to go purchase COD 2 immediately after I picked up my son from school. I was a "loser" because his friends dad had gone the night before and picked it up at midnight when it was released. This I was told put my son at a serious disadvantage because his buddy had all night to "rank up!".

Judging by the "boygasm" sounds my son was making, "this is sweet", "totally sic", "awesome I'm flying a friggin predator missile Dad" while playing the new game, the COD folks have a huge winner on their hands. I of course am annihilated in just seconds when I play the live version so at best I am left with only my son to protect me should the economy crumble and we revert back to the 14th century. A troubling thought I know.

Today it looked like we might take off but it fizzled out around 10am.We also made a tidy profit on today's pick! Could this be the top? Hmmmm. No new setups for tomorrow so I'm off to be cannon fodder for the 10 year olds.